Site Investigations are most commonly required in cases where a simple visual inspection has failed to identify the true cause of building damage / movement.
Site Investigations can take several forms including, as examples:-
- Desk-top studies of historical mining or geological records
- Detailed site level and topography surveys
- Excavating trial pits to determine the size, nature and depth of a building’s foundations
- Drilling boreholes to obtain accurate data on the deeper strata below foundation level
- Laboratory testing of soil samples recovered from trial pits and boreholes
- Internal visual surveys of buried drainage pipes, using CCTV camera equipment
We will engage the most appropriate specialist contractors and provide expert supervision of the works on site and an interpretative report and recommendations based on the site investigation output data.