Good web accessibility leads to better usability which can also mean better search ranking.
We have developed this site to WCAG 2.0 AA standards and ISO/IEC 40500:2012 and are continuously reviewing based on feedback from disabled user testing, our accessibility consultants and the latest techniques.
From our experience we have chosen not use access keys on this site for a number of reasons which include:
- Conflict with various browser shortcuts
- Conflict with various screen reader shortcuts
- No proper access key reservation standards (at present)
All unique pages served should have only one level 1 heading (H1) tag with properly nested lower headings.
We will be providing a richer user experience to customise and control the font sizes on our site in the meantime you can adjust the view by using the following keyboard combinations:
- [CTRL] and [+] will Increase view (zoom)
- [CTRL] and [-] will decrease view (zoom)
- [CTRL] and  will reset view (zoom)
The above works in Windows Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
All content related images should have meaningful text alternative (alt attribute) for use with screen readers.
All video, were possible, should have a transcript and/or closed captions.
Background and foreground colours used should be within acceptable colour contrast thresholds for visual impaired users.
If you are having issues accessing this site please let us know.
We will be updating our accessibility section in due course in the meantime you can find out more by visting the links below.
Policy and standards on accessibility
- W3C WAI WCAG 2.0
- ISO/IEC 40500:2012
- BS 8878
- Equality Act 2010 (UK)
- Section 508 (US)
- Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1992 (AU)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Windows Internet Explorer 10
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Internet Explorer 7
Operating System accessibility
Mobile operating system accessibility
- Apple iOS
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows Phone 8
- Windows Phone 7
- Android 4.2-4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)