Taylor Tuxford Associates is a multi-disciplinary Architectural and Surveying practice with experience in the fields of: -
- Structural Engineer's Surveys and Reports
- Civil/Structural Engineering Design and Detailing
- Preparation of Architectural Plans/Specifications
- Party Wall etc Act 1996
- Expert Witness Reports
- General Building Surveying
- Property Condition/Dilapidation Surveys
We actively encourage our staff to maintain a high level of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) throughout their careers and typically each of our technical staff achieves an individual average of not less than 35 hours CPD each year. All technical staff are members of professional bodies relevant to their role.
Taylor Tuxford Associates supplied a structural engineer who provided structural advice to the family featured in the BBC One series 'DIY SOS: The Big Build' to help transform the home of a family in Blyth, Nottinghamshire.
One of the Company Directors is an active members of an independent charity fund-raising group called BluCrew, with primary ties to Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice. They host all manner of fundraising events in the Community such as social evenings, concerts, duck races to name but a few.
Taylor Tuxford & Associates strives to treat all of its Clients in a friendly, yet professional and courteous manner, our primary objective being to give our Clients the best possible advice, irrespective of any commercial considerations. In practice, we feel that this is best exemplified by our informal mantra, which is to "treat your customer how you would like to be treated yourself".
Taylor Tuxford & Associates' Health and Safety Policy is:-
- To provide a safe and healthy working environment for all staff and visitors to the premises and working areas over which it has authority and to meet or exceed the minimum standards required by statutory legislation.
- To co-operate with clients and other companies to ensure that such a situation prevails at all sites where Taylor Tuxford & Associates staff are present.
- To provide suitable equipment, methods of working and procedures to ensure that employees and associates are not exposed to any undue risks to their health and safety.
- To ensure that other people, such as non-employees or visitors are not exposed to any risks to their health and safety whilst on Taylor Tuxford & Associates premises and where work is being undertaken by their staff on behalf of their clients.
- To ensure that correct and safe procedures are used when handling hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH Regulations.
- To comply with, and where possible to exceed, all legislation and regulations relevant to the activities of Taylor Tuxford & Associates and, to ensure that any revisions to the legislation or regulations are adopted into this policy.
- To provide staff with relevant training, instruction and refresher courses, such that all Taylor Tuxford & Associates staff and associates are able to work safely and discharge their responsibilities properly at all times when engaged in the activities of the company.
- To ensure that adequate emergency and contingency provisions exist at the places of work of Taylor Tuxford & Associates' employees and associates.
Taylor Tuxford & Associates provides independent consultancy and technical services to a broad spectrum of clients around the UK. One of the primary concerns in all of our activities throughout the UK is to care for the environment.
It is recognised that assignments undertaken by the company may have some effect upon the environment and where this is the case our objective is to minimise any adverse impact whilst providing the benefit of our expertise to the clients we serve and the communities in which we operate.
This Environmental Policy, approved by the company's Directors, commits us to:-
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental Legislation and adopt best practice for the minimisation of adverse environmental impacts in all aspects of our services.
- Seek to promote the environmental awareness of our staff by training and ensuring the availability of current legislation and professional guidance.
- Seek to minimise the risk of environmental incidents occurring as a result of our operations, by the development of appropriate protocol and implementation of risk assessments.
- Endeavour to operate in partnerships with environmental regulations and the public, where appropriate.
- Implement and maintain systems for the recording of environmental incidents and for the dissemination of instructions to avoid their recurrence.
- Assist clients, contractors and others with whom we have a professional relationship to carry out their environmental obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensure that Taylor Tuxford & Associates personnel are conversant with the content of this policy and to make this policy available on request to those whom it may concern.
- Minimise the production of wastes, encourage recycling where practicable and enforce the principles of Duty of Care with regard to all waste disposal requirements.
- Continually seek to improve the environmental performance of our business.
Taylor Tuxford Associates carries both Third Party Liability insurance cover and Professional Indemnity insurance cover at levels appropriate to the size and nature of the projects upon which we are engaged. That cover is provided by one of the country's largest insurers, for our Clients' added security. Copies of our current insurance certificates are available upon request.